Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Edge of My Seat

The last film I saw that put me on the edge of my seat was Gamer. It wasn’t all that clever nor that good of a film, but it did have it moments where you didn’t know what was going to happen next. Like while the main character is fighting for his freedom in the prison game you don’t really know if he can get out or not especially with his controller being a stupid annoying kid. Guns are firing, the prisoners are dying left and right and this stupid kid is screwing up the main character. Also in the real world they took a few twists like the rebels’ hideout being ambushed and the good guys have been killed. Another thing that was interesting was taking us away from the action for a moment and then throwing us back in, like during the last battle. All of the sudden they start doing a dance number that sort of calms us and then wham, the fighting continues. I think the most important elements of this movie suspense-wise were when they put me in this calm mindset and then throwing me off. Another suspenseful aspect of this film was the fact that the villain created twists and was always ahead of the main character, which made everything a little unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment