Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Difficult Situations

I would choose situation A; I would rather be the director who had to deal with a troublesome actor because I have a lot more power and control over the situation. I would first try to work it out with them face-to-face, but if that did fly with them then I would take a different approach. True, the actor might be a nightmare, but I could essentially still get what I want out of them. I just need to somehow put on an act for them; not necessarily giving in to their behavior but using it. I would need to talk them up a bit, and when they feel they’ve got the upperhand of the deal, I would just play it out. Once they’re comfortable with me and think I am giving into their ego I’ll convince them of all these things they have to do in order to be the star of the show and hopefully get some good acting out of it. Say they want more screen time, I’ll give them more a bit more but sabotage the camera and possibly other situations just to distract the actor so we wouldn’t have enough time. Unless they wanted to pay for more time and equipment uses then they’d have to accept. If they did agree to that then maybe use a little bit of it and somehow in editing it couldn’t be used. Basically a series of white lies, acting, and a bit of manipulating.

If I wanted to tae a tougher route, I’d make the actor quit. I would not give in to any of their attitude and possibly downplay their character or something. Just to get them to leave on their own. But this is last resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment