Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If My Apartment Burned Down

If my apartment was burning down the five DVDs I would save would be: Donnie Darko, Watchmen, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Howl’s Moving Castle, and Jurassic Park.

I would save Donnie Darko because it’s Donnie Darko and I love everything about movie. The script, and the message it is in essence very near and dear to me. This movie is also a holds a host of inside jokes between my friends and I. Plus it’s one of my all-time favorites, and it would break my heart to have it gone. Watchmen would be saved since its one of my new favorites, and I would get really annoyed if I could not watch it. It is not really all that special to me, but I just got it and it would irk me to lose something I just got. I would save Robin Hood: Men in Tights because I am going to need something to laugh at when my apartment burns down.

Howl’s Moving Castle I would save because I have loved Hayao Miyazaki films since I was three and this movie is one of my all-time favorites of his. It holds a special meaning to me because of that, and it is a present from a loved one. Also it is a special edition and is exceedingly hard to replace. And finally, I would save Jurassic Park because I have loved it since I was a toddler. It is also one of the reasons I wanted to become a filmmaker. Plus once I get into the anger stage of this whole apartment burning down situation, dinosaurs eating people and people in a survival effort against them will make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment